The quickest and easiest way to add objects to a chart will be to use the chart object toolbar:
1. Use the "Chart Objects" icon in the chart toolbar, usually located on the top right of the chart.
2. Select the object you would like, and draw it on the chart.
Here are some tips on placing objects on charts:
- After selecting the object you would like to use, draw the object on your chart by clicking where you would like it to start then holding and dragging your cursor and finally releasing your mouse click where you would like to end the object.
- Note that you should not draw objects past the most recent and updating price bar. This can cause problems in the system.
- Depending on the object, its size, and where it was placed, you may not be able to see the object on different timeframes.
*To check your version of Alveo: click on the “Help” button on the top of your platform and select “About” from the bottom of the drop-down menu; you will see a box pop up that states what version you are on.
**Currently, Alveo 1.5.1 is an update that is available, but not mandatory. To update to Alveo 1.5.1 click the “Help” button at the top of your platform and select, “Check for Updates.” Eventually, each platform will be required to update to Alveo 1.5.1.